Aug 6, 2009

MUSIKFEST IS IN FULL SWING

Hung out at "Hawkplatz" last night, seeing all of our enthusiastic listeners and staying cool under our misting tent provided by energy saving solutions. Man, as soon as we turn that misting tent on, it's like moths to a candle. People swarm to the tent and the look on their face is something akin to a religious experience. In the two hours I was there, we saw hundreds of listeners and gave away tons of prizes. It's always a blast.

Then I went and bought some tickets so I could swill some beer and eat some food that would stop up my heart on the spot. Yummy. I shortly realized that the prices this year were considerably more expensive than in years past, which was a bit of a letdown, considering that we're smack dab in the middle of a recession. I love Musikfest on a summer night, but you can blow through $150 with your family before you leave your first Platz. Ouch!

Do you think the cost of going to Musikfest will have an effect on attendance this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment